It really floats

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
joatmon

It really floats

Post by joatmon »

The maiden voyage went very well. Lake Erie was kind and so was mother nature and I was able to test out the canoe which handled nicely. I am expecting to get pictures taken on Saturday, so all you kind folks can see what your posts and advice helped build. The first real test will be on Friday, when I go after some smallmouth bass :eyebrows . Again, thanks to all and while it wouldn't win any canoebuilding awards, it sure turns the heads of people who don't know how the fiberglass is supposed to come out. Live and learn. Happy building and remember it is worth it.
An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy.
mtpocket

Post by mtpocket »

joatmon,

That's great news about the sucessful maiden voyage. I am impressed at how quickly you completed your boat. Even if you don't catch any trophy fish on Friday, you will surely have a blast out in your new canoe. Post those pics as soon as possible. We all like to see the craft of others. Good luck on Friday