Wet out done! Time for a nap.

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
davidb54321

Wet out done! Time for a nap.

Post by davidb54321 »

Well, its been a long night. I started my wet out on my Prospector last night at about 10:30 after getting my daughter to help me roll on the fiberglass. Everything went pretty well for a first time. I have a few places along the sheer where I didn't squeegee enough, so some small areas of glass are floating. I also have a line across the fiberglass of some sort. It looks like someone drew a line across the cloth for some reason. It is not too noticeable(I didn't notice until I started wetting out) and looks kind of like a row of staple holes except I don't have any staple holes in my boat.

After staying up to watch for drips, etc I took a 2 hour nap, then got up and did my first fill coat. It is starting to look like a canoe.

Thanks to all for getting me this far! I have learned much and have much to learn still. The next boat will be that much easier.
David Bartlett

"I don't fully understand everything I know!"
http://photobucket.com/albums/b81/davidb54321/