Strongback and forms for Ranger available

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Doug Holmes

Strongback and forms for Ranger available

Post by Doug Holmes »

For anyone interested, I offer, at a reasonable cost, a plywood strongback, built according to Bear Mountain plans, and plywood forms for the Ranger fifteen foot canoe.
My location is in south central Ontario (Canada) due north of Toronto, and a bit north of Newmarket.

If interested, e-mail me at ve3cwo@rac.ca

regards, Doug
Erik, Belgium

Post by Erik, Belgium »

To be correct with the designers, you ought to pay a fee to Bearmountain as you bought the plans, which entitled you to make ONE canoe only.
Joan and Ted
Site Admin

REMEMBER: COPYRIGHT IS OWNED BY TED MOORES AND STEVE KILLING

Post by Joan and Ted »

When you sell the forms please remit the required $40. royalty to Ted and Steve at Bear Mountain - you will note that they are the owners of the design as per copyright laws - it enables them to buy the groceries so you guys can build boats - thank for your observance - Joan Barrett on behalf of Steve and Ted
Doug Holmes

reminders re copyright and royalty

Post by Doug Holmes »

Thanks to folks who posted a reminder.

However, it was entirely unnecessary. Being a musical performer, I am quite aware of copyright legislation in Canada, and would not even consider selling the forms without forwarding the appropriate royalty to Ted and Steve upon their sale.

Both the strongback and forms are in first class condition, so I decided not to scrap them, but rather offer the chance for another person to enjoy a great canoe built with them.

regards, Doug
Erik, Belgium

Post by Erik, Belgium »

Perfect Doug !