Killarney in Focus

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Doug

Killarney in Focus

Post by Doug »

http://killarneyinfocus.com/

Outrageous!

Doug

"Some people hear the song in the quiet mist of a cold morning..... But for other people the song is loudest in the evening when they are sitting in front of a tent, basking in the camp fire's warmth. This is when I hear it loudest ...." BM
tom in caledonia

Post by tom in caledonia »

Oy! More development in one of the most beautiful wilderness parks around. Kind of depressing. I did the Silhouette trail in Killarney in September and camped on David Lake. It was really nice although several cottages and powerboats could be seen in the near vicinity. Unfortunately, they have been there a lot longer than the Park has been in existance and do still have certain rights. This is one of the few downsides I've noticed associated with the park. Private landowners may be found on several of the lakes within the confines of the park. While these people do own the land and have the right to build cottages/sheds/docks, I think we need to limit commercial/tourist related development of these properties since they are within an area classified as WILDERNESS!! It's too late for the property on David Lake but hopefully "Killarney in Focus" results in some by-laws being passed. Here's hoping. :sad