My O My Chip

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
pake

My O My Chip

Post by pake »

Way To Go Chip :wink: ! Once again you inspire us with your art. Please tell us what we are seeing here. It looks like a king sized coming. Beautiful.

Pake
"I've heard the pipes of Pan..."

Re: My O My

Post by Guest »

Thanks Pake, Glen... It is the BMB Reliance 20' 8" tandem kayak built from the KayakCraft book. I started it to consume time while stuck in the house with young children... and, time it has consumed :) Now I am pretty much too busy to complete it because I am attending a rigorous Java certification program at University of Washington. Maybe someday it will be done.

The boat hit the water for the first time about 12 months ago without proper seats, bulkheads and hatch closures. Here are some shots of it from R2K3 last August. It is a lot of fun. I basically just designed my own cockpit opening. I'm almost done with Adirondack Guideboat style cane seats - those alone used up the better part of last Fall before I had to put the entire project on hold.

pake

Someday's comin

Post by pake »

Chip, someday's comin, but I understand work schedules, kids(5), grandkids(9), personal goals, and unfinished projects(95% completed Winisk in the shop), but in the meantime I hear the Pipes of Pan... and will take a solo trip to collect my brains next week.

Pake
"I've heard the pipes of Pan..."
Tom

Posting pics.

Post by Tom »

Hi Chip,

Please give details on posting pics in message.
Thanks, Tom in NJ
Tom in NJ.
Someday I'll have my RedBird done...
ChipSandresky

Post by ChipSandresky »

Tom wrote:Hi Chip,

Please give details on posting pics in message.
Thanks, Tom in NJ
Find a picture on the Internet. Right click on the picture (click hold on Mac) and copy its URL.

Compose a message here and click the Img button. Then paste the picture URL after the Img tag when it shows up then click the Close Tags link (near the Img button). Be sure to preview the message before you hit submit. It looks like your ISP blocks this behavior and also the picture won't show if there is a "?" in the URL. I would complain to your provider or get a different account.

- Chip