Freedom 15 plans

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Bill Bach

Freedom 15 plans

Post by Bill Bach »

On my recently purchased plans for the Freedom 15' two of the aft stations, #10 & #11 are color coded.
#10 is outlined in green & #11 is outlined in red. Is there any reason for this?

Best,
Bill
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

don't think so. I recall that my plans were similarly colored. I can't find them right now. I photocopied them so I could cut them up for use. No apparent loss of value without the color.
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Steve

Station Mold Colors

Post by Steve »

Hi Bill,
You are quite right the aft station molds are colored, if you look close you'll notice that they are, black,red blue & green. I can only imagine that its because they some of them converge to almost the same point at the keel line if you see what i mean, the seperate colors try to make them easey to identify at that point. I hope i have helped because i had the same issue on my set of plans, & this is the only reason i could come up with, unless anyone else has other suggestions?
Best Regards
Steve :thinking
I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !!
Bill Bach

Post by Bill Bach »

Thanks all for the quick replies!

Bill
Joan and Ted
Site Admin

Post by Joan and Ted »

The colours are to help you differentiate the lines .......Joan