4 oz glass this time around (For Kayak)

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Arctic

4 oz glass this time around (For Kayak)

Post by Arctic »

Getting ready to do the glass job on the Kayak soon. Just need to make the time now.

I am hoping spreading the epoxy on this 4 oz glass will be much easier (and smoother) than working with the 10 oz glass I was using for the seems. I used 6oz on the Canoe and it seemed to go well.

Still on target for an April/May finish once I can get in gear. If I had spent as many hours on this as I did clearing snow this winter I would be done already!

After this I will be resuming work on the Adirondack Boat I started last winter (it is in skeleton form and currently buried under about 5 feet of snow. Looking at completion for that one next spring???

Photo link below:

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/nightheron/

Mark,
Cantley, Quebec.
"The journey is the reward"- Tao saying
canoeblderinmt

Post by canoeblderinmt »

Mark,
Sweet looking 'Yak. Can't wait to see the glass on it.

Greg
" Choose to chance the rapids, Dare to dance the tide..."
Doug

Post by Doug »

Nice looking kayak, is that a Guillemot design?

May want to consided a second layer on the outside hull.

Doug

"Some people hear the song in the quiet mist of a cold morning..... But for other people the song is loudest in the evening when they are sitting in front of a tent, basking in the camp fire's warmth. This is when I hear it loudest ...." BM