Welcome Back

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Glen Smith

Welcome Back

Post by Glen Smith »

Hi Ted & Joan, thank you for reactivating the Builder's Forum. Is it possible to post photos on this new forum format? :)
KARKAUAI

Thanks

Post by KARKAUAI »

Ditto to BMB for supplying this great forum. I was going into withdrawal. I think I'll be OK now. My Hawaiian outrigger is coming along slowly, but looking good so far. Pics in a couple more weeks. Mahalo, again Ted.
Chip Sandresky

Yes, thanks for reviving it.

Post by Chip Sandresky »

I missed it when it was offline. This is a great resource for builders around the world. Thanks for reviving the BMB Builder's Forum!

Chip
Rich in the Ozarks

Welcome Back

Post by Rich in the Ozarks »

Thank you for the new forum. I have been checking almost daily to see if it was up yet. Happy building folks. Rich
Fred Maurer

Wellcome Back

Post by Fred Maurer »

Many thanks for getting this forum back up and running. There are many of us out here that almost never post, (this is my first) but when the forum went down you may be sure that we all missed it greatly. The information flow here is incredible. This forum is comprised of a great group of builders, knowledgeable in their craft and generous with their help. That makes this forum the wonderful resource that it is, especially for those of us with less experience. I look forward to the continuation of information and future access to the historical body of information that was amassed here. Once again, many thanks for this forum.
Al in Edmonton

Post by Al in Edmonton »

Many of us have been suffering withdrawal. It's great to have it back. :D
Dean in Eureka, CA

Post by Dean in Eureka, CA »

All is right with the world now that the forum is back! Thanks Joan and Ted.

Glen, this format looks just like another forum I belong to relating to art glass and I think you can post pictures if they are already shown on the internet somewhere else, you have to type in a link to the picture. Go to www.warmglass.com and email Brad Walker, he will explain how to do it if you can't find the instructions already listed on that forum.

Wow, this is geat! This new forum coincides with what I just got through doing to my Redbird project. I took all my forms down, incorporated Martin Step's set up for stapleless construction, relocated my strongback to a better location, installed two posts 30' apart for centerline alignment through the entire canoe (which confirmed my suspission about my stems being a tad out of wack), made new stems (this time inner stems are ash also), built an Indian basket weave design accent strip that was mind boggling, built a new workbench and installed a strip rack to protect those little jewels.
Everything will be OK[img::]http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/images ... uryi3b.gif[/img]

Dean in Eureka, CA
ChipSandresky

Posting Photos

Post by ChipSandresky »

I'll give it a shot. A photo of a beautiful double paddle canoe should appear below:

Voila :lol: