New Tool from Lee Valley

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
pawistik

New Tool from Lee Valley

Post by pawistik »

FYI,
(Please forgive any redundancy, I also posted this over in the MyCCR Boatbuilding forum)

Lee Valley has introduced it's newest contribution to woodworking technology this morning:
It's the Veritas Variable Gang Saw. :applause

Though it's designed for other woodworking uses, I can see this being a real boon to boatbuilding. It could be used to cut simultaneous matching scarfs, or for the joinery required in seats, etc. Of course it would also be useful for the joinery in wannigan construction.
Cheers,
Bryan

Tim Eastman

Post by Tim Eastman »

Do I smell a 1st of April post?

In their photos the alignment is horrible. Their photoshop people need a little more practice.
Tim Eastman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be an example worth following
pawistik

Post by pawistik »

Tim Eastman wrote:Do I smell a 1st of April post?

In their photos the alignment is horrible. Their photoshop people need a little more practice.
It's their annual April tool line. I really like the full round spoke shave they introduced last spring. http://pawistik.blogspot.com/2008/04/cool-new-tool.html
I''m just a schmoe, but the job they did on this looks pretty darned good to me. I don't see the alignment issues you refer to. Any Veritas tool is bound to have precision alignment.
Bryan
Tim Eastman

Post by Tim Eastman »

I saw the angle discrepancy only because I've been a Cad Designer for a quarter of a century. My eyes are just drawn to that I'm afraid.

It's a great gig though - I like it!
:applause
Tim Eastman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be an example worth following
mtpocket

Post by mtpocket »

:applause Great looking tool. Now I can get three cuts on my fingers for the price of one. :laughing
AlanWS

Post by AlanWS »

If you do look at all the April Fool's Day tools (item search for AFD) make sure you click on the "view" button near the product code for the pouchless tool belt. That photo is the best.
Alan
pawistik

Post by pawistik »

Yeah, I liked that one too. :wink

http://pawistik.blogspot.com/2006/04/ve ... alley.html

It's great PR really for LV. Shows they are real people with a sense of humour and generates lots of positive vibes. Not to mention discussions like this one.

Cheers,
Bryan