suppliers of finished planks in southern ontario?

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
mike1227681

suppliers of finished planks in southern ontario?

Post by mike1227681 »

hi all, have decided to buy finished planks and was wondering if anyone knows of a reliable supplier in southern ontario. i checked out northern craft, and was satisfied with the cost however the shipping costs are high. i would rather drive to pick up and was hoping for a reference in southern ontario. i am in brantford, about halfway between london and toronto.
KenC

Ontario Strip Suppliers

Post by KenC »

Hi Mike;
Try Classic Boat Kits - Dunrobin, ON - www.cyberus.ca/~canoe/
or
Noah's Marine - Toronto - www.noahsmarine.com/Canada/canada.html
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Here's another one for you: http://www.monaghanlumber.com/main.htm
Doug in Hamilton

Post by Doug in Hamilton »

Exotic woods in Burlington Ont. Just off the QEW @ Guelph Line. Price is a tad high, but the quality is exceptional.

I know a chap in Simcoe who has enough finished cedar for 2 canoes. If you like you I can pass on you phone # and get him to give you a call.
Peter Hyde

Re: suppliers of finished planks in southern ontario?

Post by Peter Hyde »

mike1227681 wrote:hi all, have decided to buy finished planks and was wondering if anyone knows of a reliable supplier in southern ontario. i checked out northern craft, and was satisfied with the cost however the shipping costs are high. i would rather drive to pick up and was hoping for a reference in southern ontario. i am in brantford, about halfway between london and toronto.
Noah's in Toronto
http://www.noahsmarine.com/Canada/Strip ... g-can.html