Freedom 15 (modified to 16) build / 1st paddle /

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Steve

Freedom 15 (modified to 16) build / 1st paddle /

Post by Steve »

:laughing Hi Everyone, almost finished my freedom 15 (now 16) after a 2 year build, couldn't resist taking it for a quick paddle. I have some photos of the build / 1st paddle on Photobucket, please feel free to view them & let me know what you think so far.
Do a search for Steve_Gresty in the people drop down menu, & view cedar strip folder.
May i take this oppourtunity to thank everyone on the site for answering all my dumb questions and all their advice, the canoe may not be pefect, but my son & i built it and we are proud of the result
A very happy Steve
I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !!
Big Woody

Post by Big Woody »

That is a beautiful canoe Steve! I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Post more trip photos as you use it. :applause
KenC

Post by KenC »

Well done ... looks great.
I like the handles you've built into the decks.
sluggo

Post by sluggo »

Pretty sweet Steve!
mtpocket

Post by mtpocket »

I don't know about perfect but it sure looks good to me. Be proud, you and your son. Enjoy it together. :applause
Erik, Belgium

seat

Post by Erik, Belgium »

hi Steve,
looks great, very nice colorscheme.
One question: The seats are marvellously shaped. Did you make those seats yourself ?
thanks,
/Erik, Belgium