Launch day for the Endeavours

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Lisa in BC

Launch day for the Endeavours

Post by Lisa in BC »

Here is a couple of Endeavors I build over the last few years. Sadly it's time to revarnish but it will have to wait until next year when it warms up.

How about a larger image? Glen. :wink

Lisa in BC
mtpocket

Post by mtpocket »

Sweet!

Now, get them off those rocks. :frightened
Charger1966

Post by Charger1966 »

:cool Wow Lisa they look great. I hope they handle as well as they look. Good luck getting them wet.
Lance "Charger"
"Keep Making That Sawdust"
pawistik

Post by pawistik »

mtpocket wrote:Now, get them off those rocks. :frightened
As one who built his kayak to be used, not just looked at, I am hoping that you are mostly joking. What do you think happens when I go north where there is granite, granite, and more granite? Lisa's beach in BC looks pretty soft in that photo, by comparison.

The kayaks look great!

Cheers,
Bryan
KenC

Post by KenC »

pawistik wrote:As one who built his kayak to be used, not just looked at, I am hoping that you are mostly joking.
I thought the same thing ... along the northeast "coast" of Georgian Bay, everything is exposed granite, sand beaches are few and far between ... there are also a lot of barely submerged rocks, some of them quite angular ... normally you can see them well enough to avoid them, by the change of colour in the water, but when the wind whips up and visibility gets poor, and the driving rain is pounding the lake surface, and getting in your eyes, you can't see them so well anymore ... :shocked

I have some ugly scratches on my hull from getting hung up on a couple such rocks last year ... paddled right up onto them, then had to back-paddle to extract myself ... its an odd feeling being precariously balanced on some solid object you can't see, 200m from the nearest land ... I don't normally make a practice of going out in such conditions, but this squall snuck up on me ... haven't found the time to refinish just yet ... maybe this winter.