outrigger floats

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
abseakayaker

outrigger floats

Post by abseakayaker »

I own a 15.5 hiawathat cedarstrip and I am a novice paddler.I have taken the canoe out on some mountain lakes in alberta and bc,and have my girlfriend and young son in the canoe.It seems to be a bit tippy....(not sure if it is our limited experience.......we usually use seakayaks)...but was considering adding a removable outrigger float to increase stability........does anyone know of a reatiler that has removable outriggers for use on a cedarstrip?

not sure if weight would be a factor for the 15.5 ft canoe...with the three of us it is approx 500lbs.......

cheers

bruce
willo

Post by willo »

I was looking at an out rigger on a site the other day. Can't remember it though and don't see it in my history , they sell sails to. Sorry not much help but they are out there. Maybe try searching for canoe sailing rigs.Just remembered I saw one in Paddle Your Own Kayak by the McGuffins try www.kayrak.ca
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Is this the type of item you are looking for?
http://www.cabelas.com/p-0001464011360a.shtml
abseakayaker

thanks

Post by abseakayaker »

that should point me in the right direction...thanks for the info......