freedom solo 16'2" pictures by jimbo

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Sherm

Post by Sherm »

Nice work....beautiful boat, thank's for sharing the Pic's....
Jim Dodd

Post by Jim Dodd »

Nice job Jim !
I like your laminated thwarts.
Have had her in the water yet ?
I presume you paddle kneeling. How far astern is your back rest ?
Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!
Karl Huebner

Re: freedom solo 16'2" pictures by jimbo

Post by Karl Huebner »

Yes, please, if you have had it in the water, please let me know how well it paddles. I am about to finish the football on mine and need to continue the motivation.

Is yours the first freedom 16.2 solo known to be finished? Has anyone else finished one?

Karl
Delaware Ohio
mtpocket

Post by mtpocket »

:applause Nice, very nice :applause

Go get her wet!
jimbo

questions for jimbo about solo 16'2"

Post by jimbo »

This is the freedom solo 16'2". I don't know if it is the first one done or not. I've had it in a pool to determine the placement of the seat. The thwarts are at 6'8" and 10'4" from the bow. They are different than suggested on the plans because the seat is going to be movable front and back 10" and up and down 2" . Hope to get it in the water in a couple of weeks.

Jimbo.
jimbo

freedom 16'2" answers to questions.

Post by jimbo »

Although I've only had it in the diving well of an indoor pool - not much room - it paddles wonderfully. I'm really pleased. I like to paddle kneeling but in reality I need to switch positions frequently to relieve cramped muscles; therefor the movable seat. Sitting,the boat can be a little squirelly, but kneeling it is rock solid. Can't wait to go out in Lake Erie with 4' or 5' waves.

Jimbo