New Prospector

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
CatFaber

Post by CatFaber »

That is one gorgeous canoe!

The inwale patch looks like you meant to do it that way. I'll show you my inwale patch one of these days (it's dark out right now, so photo later.) I just popped a sliver of ash in there and added a lot of dookie schmutz (epoxy-sawdust mix) then sanded till it was smooth--but not as smooth as yours :-)
AsaBlanchard

Post by AsaBlanchard »

MT Pocket, Sherm, Snowman & Friesen 5
Thank you very much for your comments. I especially want to say it is easy to pick up on the regular contributors, I have read and studied many of your blogs and comments. Thank you for the seat frame finishing and caning tips and directions and links on "how to". It is nice to know people are willing to share their successes and failures in order to make someone else's boat nicer. I was a receipient of all your knowledge which I am very grateful that you plowed this field before me and let me reap what you sowed. I am 32 years in the cabinet business and if you ever need a know how for that I might be able to drum one up. I appreciate all of you and especially Glen for setting the keel straight when it needs to be.
If I can just learn to stay in my canoe,
Asa,