calling all uk makers looking for wide cloth!

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
alick burt

calling all uk makers looking for wide cloth!

Post by alick burt »

I know the difficulty of getting 60" wide cloth in the uk has been mentioned before and at last I think I have found some.The problem is the supplier is taking a while to get the cloth as they originally said they would have it by the 27th of May.
When they eventually do get it in I am thinking of buying more than I need so I dont have to wait this long again and in that instance i may have some spare if anyone is looking for some in the future or if anyone is interested in buying some with me we could maybe get enough people together to buy a roll at a better discount!
so my friends in the uk let me know if you are interested.
regards
Alick Burt
Danny Turner

Re: calling all uk makers looking for wide cloth!

Post by Danny Turner »

Hi Alick. Hey, you could maybe help me out.I haven`t posted on the forum for a couple of years or so. I`ve just bought the WRC and ash to build my second Abenaki canoe. I had to get the cloth from Newfound Woodworks. Just I happened to be witm first before getting to know the Bear Mountain site. Anyway, I live in N.Ireland and will be needing about 35ft of 6oz cloth. Maybe more as I might be tempted into the Hollow Long Surfboard thing.
Keep me posted with how I might be able to help you get a roll.
Danny Turner
Ireland is a land of calm lakes and slow rivers but with no strip canoes upon them.I intend to change this and make it my resolution to do so.
alick burt

Post by alick burt »

Hi Danny
all I am thinking is if I can get enough people together who want some 60" cloth we can buy a roll and divide the cost accordingly in order to save money for everyone.frustratingly my supplier is now saying it will be late june before they have the cloth which is 200gm per m2 (I believe that is around the 6 oz mark)still the more people that express an interest the cheaper we will get it as they reduce the price depending on quantity ordered.
watch this space.
Alick
alick burt

Post by alick burt »

Hi Folks
It looks like E.C.fibreglass will have some in soon though they havent given me a price yet and I also have a price for a 100m roll from I.C.International who gave me a good price £380.08 but dont sell by the yard or meter.Still working on it.
Cheers
Alick