Charity

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
fonz

Charity

Post by fonz »

I have been building cedar strip canoes for many years. I have read this form for many years and have learned a great deal from you the builders and lovers of the art of canoe building. Two years ago I was commissioned by Ducks Unlimited Canada to build a canoe which was sold In Oshawa In 2009. I am now finishing a canoe that will be donated to the R.A.C.H. foundation which is a sister organization to The Princess Margaret Hospital for Cancer. This Canoe will be sold in Parry Sound on June 22nd-24th 2012, to raise money for brain cancer. The reason I am mention these donations to great causes is to ask you to consider doing something like this for your community. I know this is not possible for everyone but you the craftsman and artists will help if you can. Thank You
Lisa in BC

Re: Charity

Post by Lisa in BC »

I too have thought about doing this for the Children's Hospital in Vancouver. Maybe after I finish the Parr I am building for my granddaughter. I have only built kayaks and was wondering what would be easier to raffle off. A Kayak or Canoe?
Any thoughts?

Lisa
Lisa in BC
fonz

Re: Charity

Post by fonz »

Hi Lisa, To try and answer your question by saying a Canoe can be used more by the average person than the Kayak which in general takes more skill to operate. I feel you would do better with the Canoe in the number of tickets that may be sold. This is my feelings as far as Ontario goes but I realize Kayaking in the Vancouver area is very popular. Great charity and good luck in the future.