FREE STRONGBACK AND STATIONS - 16 FT CANOE

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
cbDetroit

FREE STRONGBACK AND STATIONS - 16 FT CANOE

Post by cbDetroit »

Better than a decade ago, I decided I wanted a canoe and, always having preferred to do it myself, decided to build my own. I did so sucessfully, using the cedar strip - fibreglass epoxy method. I saved the strong back and stations (which I built.)
I am now moving, and do not wish to move the strongback and stations, nor continue to preserve them. The are available free for whomever wishes to come and take them.
They are for a sixteen foot two person canoe that will carry a load of about 600 pounds. The stations have been used only one time and are in excellent shape. They have no staple holes. They have slots cut on the outside edges to accomodate spring clamps. I used clamps and masking tape to hold the strips while the glue dried - no staples.
I currently live, and the strong back and stations are stored, in north central Detroit just off Woodward between seven mile and eight mile. A van or a pickup would be useful to use to carry them, but you could tie the strongback to the top of a car.
If you are interested, email me at cjgbarr@comcast.net. I will be gone by very early April. I would prefer to get them to a new owner by the end of March - so hurry.
cbDetroit