first time plan prep jitters 3 Q's for experts

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
candoist

first time plan prep jitters 3 Q's for experts

Post by candoist »

Wondering if anyone else has had this experience! I finished plotting plans per table of offsets for the prospectoer 16'. When I attempted to fair the line of the sheer line ,just for look see. I saw one plotted mark way out approx. 2". This point plotted at Wl 1-02-0+ station 3. This mark is much higher in comparison to others. Do I run my fairing strip to that mark and see where the sheer line intersects amd make that my point of ref..? Next question ,highest plotted point is the sheer line at that point do you draw a line paralel to the base line until u hit the 6" mark running top to bottom or drop down one inch? This will make the mushroom shape stations that I see in the conoecraft book. Next question , mold station 7 sheer point (highest plotted mark) is 4" from base line (strongback) but, doesn't this station get screwed to stem mold if so, how is that fair into stem mold? Better question yet why do I make this so complicated? Maybe some experienced builders can help me out. :thinking

Thank you ,
Marcus Miller, candoist