Some Cedar and Bass strips for sale

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
mynot

Some Cedar and Bass strips for sale

Post by mynot »

I have completed my Kayak and am trying to clean up my workshop for some other projects. Have some extra Western Red Cedar strip for sale. These strips are 7' long and I have 67 of them for a total of 469'. I also have some Bass strips 10' long and there are 7 of these. Both sets of strip were machined at the same time and are 1/4" wide by just over 3/4". I am asking $180 for the Cedar and $30 for the Bass.

I built the Endeavour 17 and decided to do everything myself including machining the strips. Since it would be a challenge in my shop to cut 18' boards let alone sourcing them I decided to use shorter lengths and scarf and glue the strips into longer strips. I built a simple scarfing jig for the table saw and some clamps for glueing. Yes, it did add time to the build but that was not a major concern for me. In the finished kayak you can see the joints if you know what you are looking for but they are not noticeable. You can see the finished kayak here http://bearmountainboats.com/tony-mandle-endeavour-17/

I live in the Markham area just outside of Toronto.