Strips for sale (Eastern White Cedar)

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Sylvain G

Strips for sale (Eastern White Cedar)

Post by Sylvain G »

I just machined to much* strips for my Freedom 17'

*actually, almost twice the needed amount! Probably enough to build a 15' canoe

The strips are 1/4" x 3/4", beaded-coved and quality would probably get a 9/10

The length range from 5' to 8' with typical color for EWC

I just stored them "inside" my strongback after the project was complete because I had to move. The strongback with the strips inside sits in my father's house since then but my dad is about to move, maybe next year.

Because I don't know the exact amount, I just ask a descent price for the strips + strongback, let's say 400$?

Anyone interested, give me a call: 418-956-0745 or email me at sgagnon@gceres.com because I do not hang around here in the forum anymore. I live in Lévis, Qc and the strips sits in Sherbrooke area.

Note

If Glen is interested, I am willing to make a dirt low price for you because you helped me so much when I built my canoe back in 2003. I travel to Baie-Comeau a couple times/year and would even let you set the price afterward. I just do not want to throw them away and have no longer the intention to build another canoe.
Glen Smith

Re: Strips for sale (Eastern White Cedar)

Post by Glen Smith »

Salut Sylvain, thanks for the offer but I also have a bunch of strips that I cannot use because of my health condition.
Sylvain G

Post by Sylvain G »

Hi Glen,

Sorry to learn about your health issue, hope it's something you can go through

Thanks again for your help and taking the time to answer this announcement

Because I don't hang around here that much, it would be great if someone here can find an interested builder!

Seasons greeting !

Sylvain G
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Hi Sylvain, my problem is emphysema and my lungs function at only 20%. This means that I can't do any kind of work or even go for a walk because I run out of breath very quickly. I can't even use the boats that I built. It is never going to get better, only worse.