Prospector Build Blog

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Pit Boss Mike

Prospector Build Blog

Post by Pit Boss Mike »

Hello everybody,

The only way I can tell you how much I've enjoyed reading about people's builds is to blog about my own. I'm building a Prospector with plans I've gotten from Bear Mountain. If your interested in following my ongoing and current build check out my blog at NiagaraPhoto dot com. I hope I'm not ruffling any feathers with this, I'm keeping my family up to date with my build, and figured somebody here might be interested also.

Cheers,

Mike
Pit Boss Mike

Re: Prospector Build Blog

Post by Pit Boss Mike »

I'm going to referencing and asking questions on this forum, so if my post is not appropriate please take it down.

Mike
Stephen

Re: Prospector Build Blog

Post by Stephen »

Posting links to build logs here is a time-honoured tradition; I don't think you can ever have too many. Using a boat to haul material to build another boat shows the inventiveness which will get you through this project successfully. I have bookmarked your site and will continue to watch your progress. Hopefully I'll learn a few more useful tricks.

The only feathers I can picture being ruffled is someone finding this link in five years or so and checking it out. I found that you have links to the photography blog and the accidental canoeist but really there's only a photography blog which contains some posts about canoe building. In the future the canoe will be long past built and you will likely have added many other photography posts which will bury the posts about canoes, making them hard to find. My suggestion would be to have two photo blogs on your site with one devoted strictly to canoeing. You could even add future canoe trips to it.

Stephen