Ranger 15 - Mold Question

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
fromagefro

Ranger 15 - Mold Question

Post by fromagefro »

Hi,
Quick question.
I'm attaching my Ranger 15 molds to my 16-foot strongback, and have a quick question about station #6 and the stem and the station block.

Does station #6 butt up on the OUTSIDE of the station mold, and then the stem butted up against #6?
IMG_4252.JPG
- Like this? (Sorry for the sideways picture).

I am a little unsure because the rest of the stations will be on the inside of their station blocks.
Thanks!
Kyle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Dodd

Re: Ranger 15 - Mold Question

Post by Jim Dodd »

Yes.

Take great care in aligning the stem form with the centerline, on the strongback, and that it is vertical.
I always set my stem forms and the connecting stations first.
How I sight my stem forms.
The vertical strips are temporarily stapled to the stem forms to aid sighting from end to end.

Double check things, to avoid problems down the road.

Good luck !

Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!
Cruiser

Post by Cruiser »

The way your picture shows is correct for the block and stem.

Concerning what you said about the other stations, they flip sides after the centre. So all the ones on the same side of centre as the end you show are on the same side, after you move past the centre they flip to the other side. So when you get to the other end it will look the same.

Brian
fromagefro

Post by fromagefro »

Thanks!