Kind of off topic, but...Paddle shaft collet/coupling source

Post questions & answers about; paddle selection, building and maintenance; paddling techniques; boat transportation, storage & maintenance.
Bayport_Bob

Kind of off topic, but...Paddle shaft collet/coupling source

Post by Bayport_Bob »

Does anyone know a company that makes the paddle shaft collets/couplings for the new style adjustable kayak paddles? I'm not looking for paddle manufacturers because they're all tight lipped about who they get their components from, but I was hoping someone may have run across the plastic (nylon) shaft collets manufacturer. Days of google searching has returned zippo.

Thanks

Bob
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Do you mean "ferrules" as shown near the bottom of this link: http://noahsmarine.com/United_States/Pa ... es-us.html
Bayport_Bob

Post by Bayport_Bob »

No, I'm looking for the assembly shown below...

Doug

Post by Doug »

Is that from "Bending Branches"?
http://www.bendingbranches.com/

Doug
"Some people hear the song in the quiet mist of a cold morning..... But for other people the song is loudest in the evening when they are sitting in front of a tent, basking in the camp fire's warmth. This is when I hear it loudest ...." BM
Bayport_Bob

Post by Bayport_Bob »

Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Bayport_Bob

Post by Bayport_Bob »

Unfortunately they don't sell the assembly. The link you provided is only for the outside locking ring which a person could lose and need to replace. The inside collet is bonded to the shaft and isn't for sale.
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Sorry, I didn't realize that.
Doug

Post by Doug »

This may be a little of the wall, but, what about something made out of (plumbing) ABS pipe, there is a large variety of fittings out there?

Weight issues?
Too ugly?

Doug
"Some people hear the song in the quiet mist of a cold morning..... But for other people the song is loudest in the evening when they are sitting in front of a tent, basking in the camp fire's warmth. This is when I hear it loudest ...." BM
Bud

Post by Bud »

Bayport_Bob

Post by Bayport_Bob »

Thanks Bud,

SRS slipped through my radar. I've contacted them and I'm hopiing to get some more information soon.