Somebody Stole my paddle

Post questions & answers about; paddle selection, building and maintenance; paddling techniques; boat transportation, storage & maintenance.
Its Me

Somebody Stole my paddle

Post by Its Me »

I made two Gilpatrick paddles. They were nice but hardly anything approaching a fine piece of art. We canoed three miles down the St John's River, which runs along the East coast of Florida. We pulled into Blue Springs for an afternoon of frolicking in the cool spring water. The canoe was pulled ashore next to all the rental canoes and one ranger canoe. I mistakenly left the two homemade paddles and one store bought kiddy paddle in the canoe. Three hours latter, one of the home made paddles was missing. A check at the rental counter, and "nope no wood paddles had been returned."

The blasted thing had my name burned into it. At least they didn't take all our paddles otherwise we would have a real problem.

Why would someone take one paddle with someone else’s name in it? :thinking

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/georgetcu ... cb&.src=ph
KARKAUAI

Post by KARKAUAI »

That sucks, George. Some people have absolutely NO RESPECT!!! It's not like they could've picked it up by accident, they just liked the way it looked and STOLE it! Makes me wanna spit nails. At least you know how to make another one...kind of like having your canoe broken up by somebody who doesn't give a s..., huh?
A hui ho,
Kent
Its Me

Post by Its Me »

At least someone liked enough to steal it. :wacky

My guess is that it's hanging in someone's boathouse or lashed to a boat cabin.

No losing a boat like you did to careless shippers and a series of unfortunate events is much worse than losing a 3 hour paddle.
stuart888

Post by stuart888 »

Sorry, but this really made me laugh. I have had kinds of things take from me (fishing poles, net, beer out of my cooler, engine cover). I live in Florida, and around the beaches people just tend to leave themselves open to kids taking it. At least they have not taken my kayak.

Best Regards, Stuart