Becky Mason Classic solo canoeing

Post questions & answers about; paddle selection, building and maintenance; paddling techniques; boat transportation, storage & maintenance.
Roscoe

Becky Mason Classic solo canoeing

Post by Roscoe »

Hi
Can anyone tell me if Becky covers paddling in windy conditions on this video. I will probably buy it anyway as it is about 10 years since I paddled a canoe (Liffey Descent) and the only tuition I had was from Bill Masons Path of the paddle. I lost that video long ago.
Roscoe
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

Roscoe,

I can't answer your original question, but thought you might be interested in replacing you Path of the Paddle? You can order the entire Bill Mason series on DVD for a very reasonable price at:

http://cmm.nfb.ca/E/titleinfo/index.epl ... &type=tout

I am not familiar with Becky's video.

Snowman
Snowman back East
Bryan Hansel

Post by Bryan Hansel »

No, she doesn't cover paddling in the wind in her video, but the video is outstanding and well worth the buy. My girlfriend got to paddle with her last year, but I had to miss it, because I was on an extended trip.

Was there a problem that you're having with wind? We can try to answer that question for you or give you advice.
canoeblderinmt

Post by canoeblderinmt »

Bryan,
I followed that link and bought the Bill Mason series DVD. The best money I've EVER spent (well, except for the 45-70 Marlin...). ANYWAY, I have been watching and re-watching this series and practicing the techniques. I'm finally starting to feel like I know what I'm doing. Of course, having said that, I'm probably all set up for a good dumping!

I would recommend this DVD to anyone who paddles.

Greg
" Choose to chance the rapids, Dare to dance the tide..."