DIY Canoe/Kayak Cart...

Post questions & answers about; paddle selection, building and maintenance; paddling techniques; boat transportation, storage & maintenance.
Woodchuck

DIY Canoe/Kayak Cart...

Post by Woodchuck »

I found this link on the Wooden Boat Fourm and it would make a great DIY project for canoe nuts. It uses "plastic wood" and is formed with heat. I checked with the site owner and it's ok to distribute...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... r2uq5&Ux=0
Joe "Woodchuck" Gledhill
Garden City, MI
KenC

Post by KenC »

Nice ... it seems to have all the necessary attributes ... easy, compact, lightweight, and cheap. I often see old decrepit baby strollers tossed out to the curb during the town's annual "junk pickup". This'd be a good way to keep some of those wheels out of the landfill.
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

Does anybody have any suggestions of where to get the "plastic trim board?" I have tried a few local places (that is all there is here in the local area...) and got some pretty good blank stares when I described what I was after. I would not have thought it that hard to get.

Snowman
Snowman back East
pawistik

Post by pawistik »

Would this be the same stuff as "puckboard"? I'm pretty sure that's not the right name either. The stuff I have is 1/8" thick but I think it comes in thicker versions. It could likely be formed with aheat gun as described but the thin stuff I have would be much too flexible.
Cheers,
Bryan
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

I saw the puckboard - 4' X 8' Sheets and they only had 1/8" sheets which is not stiff enough. I could not find any 1/4" locally to see if it is stiff enough :(

Still looking.

Snowman
Snowman back East