15' 0" Prospector Ranger

Use the Project Directories as quick-reference tools to help you find other builders working on similar projects to yours.
Patricks Dad

Re: 15' 0" Prospector Ranger

Post by Patricks Dad »

Alex, you did a wonderful job. I completely understand how you feel about your accomplishment. You will love the Redbird too! Thanks much for posting your results. You should indeed be very proud.
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

You did a great job! I wish you many hours of pleasure with your new craft.
Alex78

Post by Alex78 »

Thank you!
BearLeeAlive

Post by BearLeeAlive »

It looks great, Alex. Well done.

The seats are very interesting. What is the story behind them?
-JIM-
Alex78

Post by Alex78 »

It's nothing big. I allways liked woodburning and the canoe was looking too... i don't know... without personality because I didn't used feature strips. Initialy I wanted tu burn a feature strip but it was winter outside and I quited the ideea. Then I saw on Murat's blog (http://paddlemaking.blogspot.ro/) this picture and I loved it. He used it on leather seat for one of his canoes. I used a translucid paper (i don't know the word in english) on my monitor to copy the desing and the transfered it with carbon paper :-).

Since I was a little kid I loved playing imagining I was an indian (native american) despite the fact I lived in Europe. So I allways loved this type of images.Actualy I wanted an indian chief head in front of my canoe but it was too much for me :-).
brooks

Post by brooks »

Hello all. I am also in the process of building the Ranger. I love the lines and the wide beam. My progress has brought me to attaching the outer stems and everything has come without a hitch until now. Maybe its nothing. Dry fitting is great but scribing the forward edge of the stem to start the faring I notice the 3/8" that the book tells me I should have is actually 3/16". Can someone give me some insight to the problem I face or is this correct for the Ranger. I think I have done everything correctly but I could be wrong.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Ranger Canoe build at the Canadian Canoe Museum as an auction Item for the Beaver Club Gala this October.

Denis

Post by Denis »

Ranger Canoe 2016