TrueNorth Kayak

You don't know which boat you should build to suit your personal needs? Please post your questions here and our many contributors will surely have some good advice.
Denis

TrueNorth Kayak

Post by Denis »

I am debating on building another kayak this coming summer and wonder if anyone within a few hours drive of Peterborough has built or owns a TrueNorth Kayak. I would appreciate the opportunity to see and try one out first before building one. I am primarily concerned with the size as to whether or not one person can handle it by themself re loading onto a vehicle etc. I am 6'3" and 260 lbs and wonder as well if this would be a better sized boat for me. I have built and paddle the Resolute but with my weight there is not much room for other gear should I decide to do some camping.

I had initially thought of streching the Resolute by about a foot and adding an extra inch to the hull height for some leg room. Searching this forum I find it is not really a recomended procedure. At first I thought perhaps the Endeavour would be the right choice but again my weight kinda maxs it out.

Denis