cargo capacity - cubic inches

You don't know which boat you should build to suit your personal needs? Please post your questions here and our many contributors will surely have some good advice.
bnarus

cargo capacity - cubic inches

Post by bnarus »

Does anyone know how much cargo capacity, in terms of cubic inches, are in the Endeavor and the Resolute. I am a seasoned backpacker and can easily visualize how much space objects take from years of loading my pack. I really want to know how the cargo capacity of these two boats compare to my pack. I think a kayak can hold more, but how much more?

Brian
Bryan Hansel

Post by Bryan Hansel »

I looked around and could find anything listing the cargo capacity, so I'll make a guess. My guess is somewhere around 9000 cubic inches and maybe more.
Steve Killing

Kayak Capacity

Post by Steve Killing »

Some builders and designers quote the overall volume of a kayak as an indicator of how much you can fit inside, or how much buoyancy there is in the boat. For storage capacity, beam and length are as good a guide as any, because the total volume figure includes all those tight little spaces in the ends of the boat, which are difficult to reach and pack gear into.

For your reference, if it helps, the Resolute has a total volume of 14.8 c.ft. and the Endeavour 15.8 c.ft., The Endeavour's volume is split up 3.1 in the bow, 8.1 in the cockpit and 4.6 in the stern. The proportions in each area are about the same in the Resolute.

Hope this is of some help.

Steve Killing