Advice for Plan Selection Needed

You don't know which boat you should build to suit your personal needs? Please post your questions here and our many contributors will surely have some good advice.
Nippersink1

Advice for Plan Selection Needed

Post by Nippersink1 »

Hello, first time visiting here.

I was considering building (stripped) the "Wee Lassie"...or a similar size boat...perhaps a little longer.

Not sure the "Lasssie" is much of a "play" boat,. I noticed it has a flat bottom. I'd like a canoe that I could monkey around a little in. Perhaps rolling it to its side and making cute little turns and such.

I noticed Merrimacs "Baboosic" is considered a nice little play boat.
I don't think plans are available for it though.

Any pointers would be welcomed.

Thnaks much, Chris
reinbilt

Post by reinbilt »

Chris, How about a Rob Roy! at 13 foot it will carry more weight than a Wee Lassie. Check out pictures at this website.
Bryan Hansel

Post by Bryan Hansel »

You might want to try the Elan or the Espirit. These two boats are designed to do just what you want to do.

http://www.wilds.mb.ca/redriver/rrcpcso ... prit%20tag

The plans are a good price, but you will need to buy a building book if you haven't built a canoe before. I have the plans for the Elan, but haven't gotten around to build the thing yet. The lines make the boat look fun.

Bryan
Nippersink1

Bryan

Post by Nippersink1 »

Thanks Bryan. Both look promising.
Where are the plans available?

Thanks much, Chris
Nippersink1

Rob Roy

Post by Nippersink1 »

reinbilt wrote:Chris, How about a Rob Roy! at 13 foot it will carry more weight than a Wee Lassie. Check out pictures at this website.
The Rob Roy is a nice looking canoe for sure. What is it designed for? Is it fine for "play" boat sort of things?

Thanks
Chris