Choice of second boat

You don't know which boat you should build to suit your personal needs? Please post your questions here and our many contributors will surely have some good advice.
Richard

Choice of second boat

Post by Richard »

Hi all,
My first boat was a Peterborough (see photos under "out gassing problem" on page six of the Forum). I am now about to start on a second build but i'm having problems making up my mind. Number one on the list at the moment is a Hiawatha as most of my paddling is on rivers up to grade IV (U.K.) Also the length of my trips tends to be one to two days so I don't need a boat with large carrying capacity.
Anyone with any thoughts out there.

Regards,
Richard.
bansidthe

Post by bansidthe »

Hello

My first canoe was also a Peterborough and the second a Hiawatha. Perfectly fine for my wife to paddle around our fairly small Haliburton lake. You must however build a third boat :) My third was a Redbird for those Algonquin and Killarney trips.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Thought of a modern tripper?
There is a couple here at Bear Mountain.
I like the "Kipawa" and the "Osprey" at www.greenval.com
Kayak?

Doug
"Some people hear the song in the quiet mist of a cold morning..... But for other people the song is loudest in the evening when they are sitting in front of a tent, basking in the camp fire's warmth. This is when I hear it loudest ...." BM