Study plans catalogue?

You don't know which boat you should build to suit your personal needs? Please post your questions here and our many contributors will surely have some good advice.
Rick

Study plans catalogue?

Post by Rick »

While trying to come up with some ideas for the next canoe (not easy, the Huron so far still seems like it can't be beat) I was wondering whether the study plans catalogue would be worth looking at. From the online description, it seems like it'd have the same info found here, pics, stability and load capacity numbers and a brief description. Has anyone bought this and found it to have more info than given here online... it's only $3, but if there's nothing more included in it...

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all, two feet of snow here in Central Ontario and more coming, snowmobilers and ski operators are having a blast... time to get on the boards and trails.
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

The study plans catalogue has a few more "numbers" in it, such as: Beam waterline, Beam Gunnel, Bow height, Displacement, Wetted surface, Weight to immerse, Prismatic coefficient. I find it quite useful.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sounds great, if I had known those numbers were included, I would've bought before building. Thanks!