Glen Smith reaches 1000

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
mtpocket

Glen Smith reaches 1000

Post by mtpocket »

While looking around the forum this evening for the latest information on boatbuilding, I noticed something that is very telling of who has been there for us all when we hit a snag in our projects. Glen Smith now has 1000 threads on this Bear Mountain Boat Builders Forum. This has not happened overnight, although I have seen him online pretty darn late. This is his way of showing a personal desire for others to accomplish in building boats what he himself has accomplished. The dedication he has shown, helping those of us without the answers, is unmatched and gives us a glimpse of the kind of person he really is. This is a sacrifice not many have or will make. The information he has given is the best available and has already passed the "Test Panel" stage. His advice is genuine, to the point and most importantly, free. He is always taking into consideration the ability of the builder, method of application, availability of materials and the conditions we are working in. Many times Glen has helped us understand the technical aspects of boat building, giving us a lesson in Boat Building 101. On occasion he has bailed us out of our problems and has stood ready to give more help if needed. 1000 threads helping others, praising the work of others and sometimes just pointing out the obvious. This has not gone unnoticed, many have already given him credit and thanks for the helping hand he has extended. I am thankful for all his help and I am sure many of you are too. Take a moment and say thanks to our boat building mentor, the "Boatsmith", Glen Smith. Thanks a thousand Glen.

:applause :party :tu
davidb54321

Post by davidb54321 »

Mt,

You said it very well!
David Bartlett

"I don't fully understand everything I know!"
http://photobucket.com/albums/b81/davidb54321/
Doug

Post by Doug »

Outstanding!
No better help out there!
Outstanding!

Doug

"Some people hear the song in the quiet mist of a cold morning..... But for other people the song is loudest in the evening when they are sitting in front of a tent, basking in the camp fire's warmth. This is when I hear it loudest ...." BM
KARKAUAI

Post by KARKAUAI »

Well said, and apropos. Mahalo nui loa Glen!!!
A hui ho,
Kent
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

I've gotta jump on this bandwagon with both feet. I've been continually impressed at the dilligence Glen has applied to helping us all. Much appreciated.
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
mtpocket

Post by mtpocket »

Just like the Energizer Bunny, he keeps on going. He's now over 1500 threads. He's still teaching. We're still learning. Thanks Glen