OK, Who's been foolin' with the website layout?

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Patricks Dad

OK, Who's been foolin' with the website layout?

Post by Patricks Dad »

There appears to be a new website layout for this site. It now only uses about 3/4 of my screen (horizontally) requiring me to scroll much more than before. What gives?

Or did I do something wrong (again)?
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Apparently some changes were made today to merge the Bear Mountain website and the forum together. This has effectively shrunken the displayed image. When you click on a topic that contains a photo the text spreads off the screen to the right a little bit. I don't know if the programmers have completed their work on the website so I haven't mentionned anything to Joan yet but I will if it doesn't improve. It appears that some of us prefer the way the forum was before the changes.
Dean in Eureka, CA

Post by Dean in Eureka, CA »

T
h
i
n
g
s

d
o

s
e
e
m

a

b
i
t

n
a
r
r
o
w
. :frightened
Woodchuck

New Layout...

Post by Woodchuck »

I believe everyone who uses this board is aware that it is sponsored by Bear Mountain Boats without exception. I have purchased from them and will continue to do so but the new layout violates all things good about boards. We need square footage to read posts and to throw away 30% of the available area is just wrong. Save the new header possibly with a link to the home page but please get rid of the left hand list of options and the right hand do nothing column. IMHO Thanks, Joe
:crying
Joe "Woodchuck" Gledhill
Garden City, MI
Bryan Hansel

Post by Bryan Hansel »

I do some website design and will make a slight suggestion, because I see what the designer was trying to accomplish. The main problem is the change is that the forum is now tiny, which is atypical of almost every site that using this forum software. The best way to fix this is float the header in the center of the page. Keep the bb software unchanged, and make a horizontal menu bar instead of a vertical one. Then the size of the bb stays normal and not tiny and it looks like it is still connected to Bear Mountain.

I didn't want to take the time to wade through the site code to post any example of how to do this, but using css it should be pretty easy. I do something similar on my sites and my blog.

Bryan
Dean in Eureka, CA

The designers could install the links to the website, which are now in the left hand column, right up there at the top of the page with all the other phpbb links...
That would give us our width back and still make access to the website easy.
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Joan and her team of programmers have fixed the forum so it looks and works pretty well like it used to. Thank you Joan for all the time and effort you dedicate to providing us with this wonderful forum. :applause
mtpocket

Post by mtpocket »

:applause Thanks Joan, this is only one example of what you do for the boatbuilding community. :applause
Bud

Post by Bud »

Hooray!!!! :tu :party
"Canoes don't tip. People just fall out of them!" Omer Stringer
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

If only my own software team at the office could respond as quickly.... thanks! :applause

I'm still seein' about 1/2" on the right margin that could be used.... :razz
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Dean in Eureka, CA

A big THANK YOU to Joan!!! :applause :applause :applause

We didn't waste a second to complain, so let's not waste a second to thank! :applause :applause :applause

Everything looks and works GRRRREAT!!!
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

Hey, now even the extra 1/2" is back in the game! thanks much!
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com