Recent Lives Lost

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Danny Turner

Recent Lives Lost

Post by Danny Turner »

It`s sad to hear of the deaths of so many people in drowning icidents in various lakes in Canada, over the long weekend period. Three died on Rice lake and another two ( from canoes) in individual sirsumstances in other lakes. Unfortunately it was found that the majority of the persons who drowned were not wearing lifejackets.
I know its an individuals choice as to comfort, design, "coolness" etc., but a lesson should be learned here. I have yet to put my canoe in the water. I am a total novice but I think this is something we should all think about. There are some very sad families this week. It could have been otherwise.
My sincere condonances to all of them.

Danny Turner
Ireland is a land of calm lakes and slow rivers but with no strip canoes upon them.I intend to change this and make it my resolution to do so.
Bryan Hansel

Post by Bryan Hansel »

It is sad to hear. In the vast majority of paddling related deaths, those who died weren't wearing lifevests. Regardless of the conditions, I always!!! wear my lifevest, and I'm an outstanding swimmer. I encourage everyone who paddles to wear their lifevest all the time.