yost werks

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Doug

yost werks

Post by Doug »

Folding Kayak Builders Manual
http://www.yostwerks.com/

Cool site

I want to build one.

But my question is, ...how do I print off the whole page?
For some reason I cannot print off the whole page.
-even if I highlight, copy and print.

Doug

"Some people hear the song in the quiet mist of a cold morning..... But for other people the song is loudest in the evening when they are sitting in front of a tent, basking in the camp fire's warmth. This is when I hear it loudest ...." BM
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Doug, which page(s) in particular are you trying to print? Let me know and I will give it a try also.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Hi Glen,
It seems to be a wide website.
I changed my printer settings to landscape instead of portrait it still does not print the whole page.
I have tried the smallest print as well.

Thanks,
Doug

"Some people hear the song in the quiet mist of a cold morning..... But for other people the song is loudest in the evening when they are sitting in front of a tent, basking in the camp fire's warmth. This is when I hear it loudest ...." BM
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Hi Doug,

I printed out the Drawings/Offsets page for the Sea Rover on my HP Deskjet in portrait mode and I was missing part of the page down the right-hand side. Then I tried it in landscape mode and It all fit in but it doesn't print all the page info such as the offset tables. My next attempt was to save the page as a jpeg file and print it out but my printing wizard couldn't handle the format.

I suggest you contact Tom Yost about your concern.
Bryan Hansel

Post by Bryan Hansel »

Doug, did you get your problem solved. I was able to print out the whole manual in the past without any problem. I'm printing from Firefox and maybe that makes a difference. I don't know.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Yes, thanks to the help of my daughter.
There is a lot of information on the site, a lot of pages!
Very slow.

Any design catch your eye?
I am interested in the touring design called, Sea Cruiser.
It is simmilar in design to Feathercrafts Katsilano.
(not sure what the difference is between Sea Cruiser & Sea Cruiser -R)
Hatchs would be nice.

Doug
Bryan Hansel

Post by Bryan Hansel »

A zipper and velcro should make a nice hatch. I'm sure you could come up with a way to make hatches that work the same as Feathercraft.

The Sea Cruiser R has a higher front and rear deck.

I'm drawn to the Sea Ranger and Sea Rover, although I'm much too heavy for the Sea Rover. And I've built a Nikumi with clear skin. But I'm thinking of doing the Igdlorssuit (http://www.nessmuking.com/igdlor.htm) as a folder. I'm torn though, because I really want the Iggy as a hard shell. If it didn't get so cold up here or I had a warm workshop, it wouldn't be an issue, because I'd build a wood kayak, but even with Cold Cure, it's just too cold in the shop now. But with a folder, I can work in the cold.

Here a link to my building log for Tom's Nikumi design: http://www.nessmuking.com/nikumi.htm And a picture:

Doug

Post by Doug »

The Nikumi looks like a rocket ship, I bet she moves.

I looked at the Sea Ranger ST originally, but thought the Sea Cruiser R might be better suited for me and what I want to do.

Doug