Winter blues

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Glen Smith

Winter blues

Post by Glen Smith »

I took this picture today. Does it ever end?

Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

Wow Glen, You really do have a lot of snow to melt. We have had a colder winter than usual here in IL with much more snow than normal but today it finally got above freezing and things have begun to melt. We don't have nearly as much snow as you do. I now feel like I'm in a bit of a race with the weather to finish my Freedom which has provided a bit of motivation. For awhile there it seemed like I had forever.

Hope you are enjoying the snow while it lasts. Heck, if it's going to be cold, you might as well have snow to look at!
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

I don't really enjoy snow anymore. My only Winter sport is snowblowing and I get to do that quite often.

This is a message I received from Denis:
BLESSED CANADA

On the sixth day God turned to the Archangel Gabriel and said: 'Today I am going to create a land called Canada. It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall majestic mountains full of mountain goats, and eagles, beautiful sparkling lakes bountiful with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, high cliffs over-looking sandy beaches with an abundance of sea life, and rivers stocked with salmon.'God continued,

'I shall make the land rich in resources so as to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Canadians, and they shall be known as the most friendly people on the earth.

''But Lord,' asked Gabriel, 'don't you think you are being too generous to these Canadians?''Not really,' replied God 'just wait and see the winters I am going to give them.
When Jacques Cartier first sailed up the St-Lawrence River, he looked at the Northern Shore and said "This is the land God gave to Cain".
:frightened
Arctic

Post by Arctic »

Last Tuesday my car had several tonnes of snow fall on it from a high steel roof.
Looks like it might be a total loss. Hood, roof, and passenger side all severly crushed in. Windsheild destroyed as well. Possible structural damage to the frame as well.

On the bright side- it just missed us by about 10 seconds. In fact we all had to literally jump out of the way. Luckily we heard it crack and start to come down.

Put a few pictures on my photobucket site...

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/nightheron/

Mark
"The journey is the reward"- Tao saying
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Wow! That was a close call. At least you all made it out of there in time.