Boating Building Blog

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
sluggo

Boating Building Blog

Post by sluggo »

Hi everyone,

I changed a few things around on my blog and started a new blog for boat building. I'm planning on posting occasional tips, photos, and links that I find on the web. As well, I will be continuing to log the slow process of my own building endeavours (not to be confused with the Bearmountain Endeavour!).

Here is the link: www.floating.dryfly.ca

I also plan on keeping my existing blog updated with boat info and lots of different things. I don't think very many people have gone through my dryfly blog, which is fine by me, but thought people might be interested in the new floating.dryfly.ca thingy.
Stencil

Columbia River

Post by Stencil »

Sluggo,
Enjoyed your blog on boat building. Have a great time on the Columbia. Just try and avoid high water which is most of the month of June and beyond into July. Bugs can also be very bad in July. So pre-flood in May or August and later are best. Of course every year is variable and dependent on snowpack and weather. If you have any questions please email me.
S
sluggo

Post by sluggo »

Right on Stencil. Although I'm not much of a canoeist, I'm actually from Invermere (for my first 18 years at least). You're absolutely right about high water and bugs!