Off to paddle for a week.

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Patricks Dad

Off to paddle for a week.

Post by Patricks Dad »

My boyhood interest in paddling was renewed in 2003 when I paddled in the Quetico Provincial Park for the first time with my son (Patrick) along with a group of other Boy Scouts. He was the source of all motivation to begin building canoes and to keep paddling. His (and my younger son Thomas) continued involvment in scouting provided many opportunities to paddle there and elsewhere.

Last summer, as I paddled through Quetico again with my sons (both now Eagle Scouts) on Fathers Day I was saddened to tears with the thought that "this might be the last time I'm here" (my youngest son is now 18 and moving on to college too). It then struck me: "hey wait a minute, I don't need Boy Scouting to continue to go "Up North" to paddle. I can go whenever I want (permit lottery permitting)".

So, I'm very please to say that I, both sons and 1 girlfriend (my son's girlfriend) leave this afternoon with an entry point in the BWCAW on Moose Lake on Sunday! I'm looking forward to a week of paddling without email, phone calls, deadlines or headaches (but maybe a backache and a few mosquito bites).

I hope you all get more than your share of paddling this summer!
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Enjoy it to the fullest Randy and remember to play safely.