Hello everyone

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
wb9tpg

Hello everyone

Post by wb9tpg »

This is my first post. My name is Gary and I live in central Kentucky. I've been a woodworker for a long time and have picked building a canoe for this years big project. Last year I made a bunch of cabinets for the wife and got real tired of them by the end of summer. This year is a project for me to have some fun with; keyword there is FUN. Here is a sample of some of the woodworking things I've done in the past. Bandsaw Box and Library Desk

I'm leaning toward the Ranger 15 as my first canoe. It would be used for casual paddling and fishing at a small lake we have nearby. I like it due to style, size and stability.

I'm glad to be here and am really looking forward to this year!
podunk

Post by podunk »

Hi Gary,
You'll have fun, the woodworking part is fun, the epoxy part is a little tricky. I've built a 15 Prospector Ranger but have yet to get it wet. Just need to hang the seats, finish the gunwales. I lofted my plans from Ted's book and that is half the fun. Alot of fun and as Ted says in his book I've spent some time in my moaning chair. All in all I think I might build another one some day. You are on the right forum for info. Just keep asking questions. Good Luck
wb9tpg

Post by wb9tpg »

I ordered the plans from Bear Mountain today. I can't wait to start on it. :twisted evil
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Welcome aboard Gary. The Ranger has sweet lines, I am sure you will love it.