From Finland - Returning - Saying Hello

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Classic Finn

From Finland - Returning - Saying Hello

Post by Classic Finn »

Hello Bear Mountain Boats and Greetings Glen. :eyebrows Its been a long time ago since Ive been here but I have the itch once again and looking to start a canoe that the entire family is able to enjoy..

Our family consists of yours truly and my wife as well as my 6 year old son and 2 samoyed gals.

Any suggestions for a fairly light canoe design anyone?

Also is it possible to send a complete kit to us here in the Scandinavian Territory of Finland?

Again its very nice to be back. :wink
Glen Smith

Re: From Finland - Returning - Saying Hello

Post by Glen Smith »

Classic Finn, wow! It has been a long time. Have you looked at the Freedom 17'9"?
If you get in touch with Joan, I am sure she will be able to tell you if she can ship over whatever you need. 1-877-392-8880
Juneaudave

Post by Juneaudave »

Hey Heiki! How's the new home? All settled in I trust. Hope you had a nice solstice!...Dave
Classic Finn

Post by Classic Finn »

Well its been a busy summer gone by.. new home is almost done and were ready almost to movem in.. In hopes it will be my last move.. :eyebrows

The summer was very nice here and we enjoyed the summer of nightless days..short but sweet..

Finally received the book Ive wanted for years :wink In otherwards Canoecraft, revised and expanded..what a nice book. Expensive here but in my opinion worth every penny.. :dancing

Almost came to my doorstep :laughing Im already half way in reading it just within a matter of a day,,hehe.

Next I will double check my tool status and look for equivalent wood which it describes if I cant find the actual. Almost a 2 kilometer distance we have a boat builder who will let us borrow his space since he isnt so busy in winter this year. And we dont have to drive a distance of 70 kilometers to grandmas house to to do work on it..Wife really likes the Prospector and Hiawatha however the prospector is on top of the totem pole as of yet.. instead of one heavy and long canoe weve decided to build 2 smaller canoes ,,since our eldest son wants also to come along. We really love this area we live in now..check out Kuopio which is the city nearby.. with lots of lakes and camping ..some of you know us from the teardrop forum also.

There are a few special hand tools which most likely I will purchase from your side of the big pond since cant seem to locate all here yet.

Well back to studying some Canoecraft.. :twisted evil PS A couple of question, the plans sold here via the forum, can they be purchased in the metric system? A bit easier if possible.. and then where can I buy the nice "marking tool" that is shown in one of the videos. That I cant see here anywhere,s. Do you folks use a special company or store to buy these things?

Regards from all of us De Classic Findian and Family :big grin