bankrupt

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Erik, Belgium

bankrupt

Post by Erik, Belgium »

This morning, all of the 247 employees in the company were informed that our company had gone bankrupt. Hopefully I will find the motivation to work on the canoe while looking for another job. This is my 4th bankrupcy I 'm experiencing, it seems to be following me (or I keep on choosing the wrong company...)

Erik, Belgium.
mtpocket

Post by mtpocket »

Sorry about the news. Good luck to you.
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Sorry to hear that, Erik. Best of luck to you.
Its Me

Post by Its Me »

That's rough.

What business was the company in?
KARKAUAI

Post by KARKAUAI »

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Erik. I guess you've reviewed your work performance to make sure you weren't the cause of the bankruptcies??? After all, four in a row is a lot. Maybe you've been daydreaming about paddling while doing the books. At least you'll have a chance to get some uninterrupted work done on the canoe.
A hui ho,
Kent
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hope you're onto another job and back on your feet again soon, Erik... best wishes.
Michel vd Hoven

Post by Michel vd Hoven »

Eric, Sorry to hear about your bad news...

Ever thought of beginning your own business... e.g. selling beautifull custom build wood strip canoes and supplies...? Perhaps there would be a small market in our part of Europe...?

Good luck for the coming period of time.

Regards,
Michel, The Netherlands
Bernie in Illinois

Post by Bernie in Illinois »

:twisted: I hope the Forum will be tolerant and make an exception, this one time, to allow non-canoe related issues to be discussed.

:( Erik, both my wife and I have been there; are there still. Being in our early fifties, finding a job is a real challenge. Age discrimination is rempant. It's not just the economy.

Relative to Michel's comment, I too once thought that opening my own business was the way to go. Well, I worked my butt off, made very little money, and finally decided to get out before I lost my pants. The experiment cost me lots of money. The reality was that eventhough I provided excellent service and other extras, price wise I just could not compete the big boys. So be careful if you are planning to go on your own.

In conclusion, keep your spirits up. Working ou your canoe is an excellent means to that end. Keep us informed of your progress!

What kind of work are you looking for? Perhaps one of us out there has a lead for you!

:oops: Again my apologies to the forum for this non related business.

bankrupt

Post by Guest »

try plumbing, i'm so busy i ain't got the time to work on another canoe, although, if I had my drouthers I' be strippen.
Erik, Belgium

Post by Erik, Belgium »

thanks for your support.
Care4Data was active in production and sales of data media: prerecorded and recordable CD en DVD's in 8 European countries in total.

Erik, Belgium.
Erik, Belgium

Post by Erik, Belgium »

to KARKAUAI,

I think you are misjudging the situation. I wasn't self-employed, neither did I own the company. I was just an employee in the IT department.

The real reason for the bankruptcy were wild acquisitions in recent years, combined with a CEO who had horrible management skills. The CEO is the son of the person that started the company, and the CEO privately owned the entire company. Not 100% professionally managed in other words.

Erik, Belgium.
KARKAUAI

Post by KARKAUAI »

No misunderstanding, Erik, just trying to keep it light and jerk your chain a little. Sorry if it wasn't understood in the light it was written.
A hui ho,
Kent