Kayaks and Orca

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Glen Smith

Kayaks and Orca

Post by Glen Smith »

I deleted this message posted earlier because the link was dead. It is now back up and works fine. Have a look, quite scary stuff: http://home.comcast.net/~team.scott/ima ... ayak1.mpeg
Doug

Post by Doug »

Wow!
I imagine that person was a very experienced kayaker.
But I still think he will need a clean pair of shorts after that.

Doug
"Some people hear the song in the quiet mist of a cold morning..... But for other people the song is loudest in the evening when they are sitting in front of a tent, basking in the camp fire's warmth. This is when I hear it loudest ...." BM
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Hi Doug, I just read on another website that the film is a fake. They say it was for a Gatorade commercial in Japan. I don't know what to believe.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Glen,
Ya, it looks like the roll is a little too perfect.
I'm not sure but is the kayaker waveing at the end.

Doug
"Some people hear the song in the quiet mist of a cold morning..... But for other people the song is loudest in the evening when they are sitting in front of a tent, basking in the camp fire's warmth. This is when I hear it loudest ...." BM
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

It's hard to tell if he is waving or doing a high brace.
guest rodishale

orca length

Post by guest rodishale »

If you asume the kayak at 15' and scale it out, the whale would be over 50' long. An Orca's length according to the "net" is 23' for females and 27' for males. On the other hand there are scary things out there and I was in a 26' bayliner fishing boat coming back in after mid- nite in the fog when I saw "it". Thats why I only flat water canoe with the shore line in view!
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

This website: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjec ... Orca.shtml says more like 27 to 33 feet. Anyway, this video has apparently been around for a couple of years and has been proven to be a fake.
Juneaudave

Post by Juneaudave »

Fake or not, I would be heading to shore at that point! On a number of occasions here in Alaska, I've been out trolling for King salmon in my Zodiac and had Orcas feeding in the same area. I always wondered if one might look at that zodiac and mistake it for a seal! Never heard of it happening, but they look pretty big in a small boat...Juneaudave
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Speaking of fakes, how would you like to be in this situation?