New Avatar Appearance

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Chris Ostlind

New Avatar Appearance

Post by Chris Ostlind »

I wanted to see what the new capability looked liked when a photo was posted.

Chris
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Looks great, Chris. So how do you like this new feature?
Chris Ostlind

New Avatar Appearance

Post by Chris Ostlind »

Looks great. I had tried to post a similar image to the Canadian Canoe Routes site and couldn't get my image distilled to the small size they requested.

This is much better and easier to read.

Chris
Doug

Post by Doug »

Glen,
I like the kayak, Endeavour?
Is that all cedar?
The colour pattern is very nice.

Doug
"Some people hear the song in the quiet mist of a cold morning..... But for other people the song is loudest in the evening when they are sitting in front of a tent, basking in the camp fire's warmth. This is when I hear it loudest ...." BM
Glen Smith

Harmony

Post by Glen Smith »

Hi Doug,

I designed it myself using Ross Leidy's Kayak Foundry software. It is a 13 footer for cruising up & down the small river here and for coastal exploration on the St-Lawrence River. It is all local Eastern White Cedar except for the accents which are a dark brown Westen Red Cedar. I made the strips 3/16" thick and used 6oz E-glass.

You can see a few more photos of it here: http://groups.msn.com/CanoesKayaks/latestproject.msnw
:smile
GeirB

Post by GeirB »

That is a nice looking kayak, have dowloaded the picture and used it as desktop background for some time.
My next project will be a thirteen footer also constructed with Kayakfoundry by a friend. It will be wide (70 cm), stable and light, made for fishing and for carrying from lake to lake. The design is named Oter (otter) and will be the first in a series of short manuverable kayaks.

Geir