Kneeling Seats

If you know a good tip or technique to help get through a construction "stumbling block", please post it here. If you have questions concerning building problems, please post them on the "Builders' Forum".
woodworkerjay

Kneeling Seats

Post by woodworkerjay »

Hi, I am just finishing sanding my 16' Prospector and am looking at where to buy seats when I came across these kneeling seats. I was wondering if anyone has made or used them? For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it is almost like a "H" with padding on the legs so that the back of your legs is on the one set of legs on the "H" and your knees on the other. The guy that had it on his website, which I don't remember, said that he prefers them to seats. I always kneel also and just wondered what other people's thoughts were.

Thanks

Jamie
Glen Smith

Re: Kneeling Seats

Post by Glen Smith »

Can you post a link so we can see which seats you are talking about?
woodworkerjay

Post by woodworkerjay »

Here is the kneeling seat. Clink on the link.
Attachments
kneeling seat.jpg
kneeling seat.jpg (107.99 KiB) Viewed 5377 times
alick burt

Post by alick burt »

Hi Woodworkerjay
I have seen these in many forms some made from wood or metal and one rather neat idea which would probably work well on a canoe because of its light weight was one made from a solid block of foam.unfortunately it was many years ago when I saw this so I dont know if they can be bought today.
That said I tend to kneel on the seats in my canoe and use a thermarest camping mattress to pad my knees.This kneeling position is far better for the spine than conventional chairs and provided your seats are at the right height it works well.
Cheers
Alick