A small adjustment to my stapler.

If you know a good tip or technique to help get through a construction "stumbling block", please post it here. If you have questions concerning building problems, please post them on the "Builders' Forum".
alick burt

A small adjustment to my stapler.

Post by alick burt »

Hi Folks
I have used a variety of staplers over the years electric,Cordless and corded and a pin gun.My latest is a manual sprung one from stanley.It was working fine with a bit of tape on the area where the staples come out ( to stop the plunger making a dent) but it kept sticking and got gummed up with glue. :thinking
I also discovered it was failing to hit the staples properly because the plunger appeared to be a bit too long and kept leaving the staples in the gun. :sad
I got fed up with it and decided to open up the stapler and file down the end of the plunger.
I opened it up with care avoiding letting all the little bits inside fall out and took out the plunger.I filed its end down about 1.5 mm and put it back in.
This worked a treat.It now fires every time and there is a bonus.
Every time it fires the staple is left just proud so no dents or ugly staple marks and it hasn't gummed up once :wink
Cheers
Alick
Jim Dodd

Re: A small adjustment to my stapler.

Post by Jim Dodd »

I know this is an old thread !
But I used to file the anvils down on my Yellow Stanleys. It worked.
Now I've drifted back to layers of tape.
One thing I've also done, is reduced drastically the amount of wood glue I use in my coves (Cove side up).
It's just not needed ! Any slight gap, will be filled when epoxy hits it. Epoxy is as good, or better than wood glue !

Besides the extra time I save scraping and sanding wood glue, is a blessing in my book !!!

Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!