glue injector

If you know a good tip or technique to help get through a construction "stumbling block", please post it here. If you have questions concerning building problems, please post them on the "Builders' Forum".
fisherguytoo

glue injector

Post by fisherguytoo »

:lol: :P Well, their I was having problems laying the glue into the groves on my planking,
I could not seem to control the amount applied or sneak around the forms to lay the glue
into the grove adjacent to the forms. So, I started looking around and found a" Workshop
Glue Injector" distributed by" Woodcraft". It is a great little device that is made of some
sort of plastic and looks like an accordian with a stainless steel needle on the end that
is about 1 1/2" long. Just apply a little presure to the end opposite the needle an the glue comes out in a nice even flow that can be laid down exactly where you want it.
This little device has speeded up my work a great deal and is very cheap, about $4.00.
For any of you building the first time as I am you might be interested. Go to www.woodcraft.com and bring up catalog item #02130
fisherguytoo

PS

Post by fisherguytoo »

The catalog number does not work on the above post.
Use the name "workshop glue injector".
jradisch

Post by jradisch »

FGII,
Just an FYI, I used 10cc oral syringes. ( I am a Hospital Pharmacist and got some from work, but a retail Pharmacy should stock them). I would remove the plunger and load the glue. This worked great. I could reuse the same syringe for th entire boat just by washing it with soap and water after each application.
Jim
Shuswap Pat

Glue Injectors

Post by Shuswap Pat »

If you go to a "Farm Supply/Feed Store" you can get 25cc - 100cc vet syringes. They work great. I have used them with a 2 part urea formaldahyde glue many times.
reinbilt

Post by reinbilt »

Rather than a syringe have any of you used an older style squeeze ketchup bottle like the ones you used to see in restraunts? I've found this the best method to get a fine bead of Titebond in the cove edge of my strips. They hold alot of glue, clean up easy with soap and water, are cheap, and reuseable. You might need to enlarge to opening on the tip alittle but not too much. Slight pressure on the bottle layes a perfect bead down the strip in a few seconds.
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

I tried syringes which I tired of refilling. I tried a "ketchup" kind of squeeze bottle but I found that the one I had applied too much glue and the bottle was actually quite stiff and hard to squeeze. Now I use a 1/2qt squeeze bottle that is sold for applying hair coloring. It is sold in pharmacies and some dollar stores. It even has a cap to seal the tip between uses. It works great!
David James

Post by David James »

I think I'll look for the squeeze bottle Glen mentioned - I've been using an Elmers glue "pen"
that requires filling after each strip :? .
Dave in Glenview, Il