Why dident I think of this earlier?

If you know a good tip or technique to help get through a construction "stumbling block", please post it here. If you have questions concerning building problems, please post them on the "Builders' Forum".
Ed Houston

Why dident I think of this earlier?

Post by Ed Houston »

:( Problem sanding an inconsistant complex concave section!

Tried coke bottles, with sand paper too ridged.

Tried 2" PVC pipe with sand paper wrapped around it, still too ridged.

Here it is!

The nasty junk-mail magazines we get in the mail are now a very usefull tool! how I hear you ask.

From the spine roll the magazine into a 1-2" roll (the pages fan out to provide a smooth surface) use masking tape to hold the whole thing together and attach your sand paper.

Get after the sanding operation in the bilge area the sand paper will conform to the shape and the stifness of the magazine will give just the right amount of adjustable profile to the sand paper.

Hey its working for me! :lol:

Try it!

Ed
fz7m0d

Post by fz7m0d »

Try a pool noodle. I can't take credit for it; it was my wife's idea. And a good one.
Bob
(Confucius Say... Asking a stupid question is better than repairing a stupid mistake.)
François

Post by François »

For sanding the curves, I simply use two or three layers of cork sheet, found in hardware stores, that I glue together with contact glue. Then I cut the pads at the size I need. I find that It has the right combination of flexibility and rigidity to sand the flats as well as the curves . :wink