Off Topic

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Glen Smith

Off Topic

Post by Glen Smith »

This is the place to post things that just don't seem to fit elsewhere. Please keep it clean.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Glen,
I have managed to access the site at last. It's a shame other European users are have similar problems, maybe the high tech kids will sort it our soon.

Regards,

Richard.
Wales
Richard

Message for Glen R.E. Blocked emails

Post by Richard »

Hi Glen,
Thanks for your email this morning, unfortunately mine was returned with the same explanation--SPAM. I have copied the relevant paragraph below.

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to smtp4.videodery.qc.ca.:
>>> RCPT To:<glen@charlevoix.net>
<<< 553 5.3.0 <glen@charlevoix.net>... Message from 64.12.137.8 rejected - SPAM - see http://www.sorbs.net
550 <glen@charlevoix.net>... User unknown

Regards,

Richard
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Richard,

Do you have my name and email address on you list of "friendly" or "accepted" email senders? If not, it will come in as spam for sure. If someone sends me an email for the first time and they are not already on my list, their mail gets marked as being spam and will do so until I add their name and email address to my list. Even then, I sometimes get mail from people on my list that is marked as spam. Somewhere along the line some server is deciding that it is spam. I have never heard of that "sorb" server before.
Richard

Message for Glen R.E. connection

Post by Richard »

Hi Glen,
Thanks for the reply. The only way onto the BM site for me is Internet Explorer so I think it must be some AOL rubbish stopping me. Time to change providers.

Regards,

Richard
Gunnelman

Post by Gunnelman »

well my question is to do with canoes, well, accessory for a canoe.
I have an older fibre glass traditional 14' canoe with mahogany thwarts.
I was going to buy a new Yoke for it, but now i have seen on some canoes 2 little pads that are attached to the center thwart. Does anyone now where i can buy these ?.
Ive looked with no luck. I think it would be cheaper to buy these 2 pads then a $ 100 Ash Yoke. Any direction to where i can get these would be a great help.
Or !, if anyone knows of a how to make them kinda thing im game for that as well.
Thanks, Cheers.
If only we could all Paddle to our Work !
Woodchuck

Re: Off Topic

Post by Woodchuck »

This latest BBS change has the screen display in light blue with the left bar in green. Is this intentional? Also it displays in large fonts. I used Google Chrome as a browser and it has worked fine until this latest change.

Thanks, Joe
Joe "Woodchuck" Gledhill
Garden City, MI
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Hi Joe, the display is intentional and normal. The font size appears normal on my monitor. We just have to get used to a few changes.
Woodchuck

Post by Woodchuck »

If anybody else is using Google Chrome as their browser and are experiencing any font problems with this latest website change, if you go under the wrench icon on the right side of the screen and select the "zoom" feature, you can make the browser font any size you want. That corrected my problem and now I only have to get used to blue and green together...
Joe "Woodchuck" Gledhill
Garden City, MI